Crispy Quinoa Alfredo Balls Recipe: The Best Vegan Appetizer for the Holidays by Donna John
With vegan and vegetarian kids, I'm always looking for new plant-based recipes to try, especially around the holidays. This crispy quinoa alfredo balls recipe is from Catherine Gill's The Complete Quinoa Cookbook. With healthy quinoa, vegan cream cheese and spices, these crispy vegan quinoa balls are the perfect holiday appetizer.
These vegan quinoa appetizers can be cooked in an air fryer or fried in vegan butter or oil in a skillet. Either way, you'll get an appetizer that's crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. This quinoa alfredo recipe can be served with tomato marinara sauce for dipping, or even barbeque sauce. You could also serve them as a side dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, any type, cooled
- 1 container (8 ounces) vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Here's how to make it:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa, cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Form into 10 balls. Roll into breadcrumbs.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can you pan fry in vegan butter or vegetable oil for 10 minutes, turning the balls to cook each side after several minutes.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.