Brazilian Hot Cocoa Recipe: A Silky Smooth Sip of Chocolate Heaven by 30Seconds Food
Silky smooth, thick, creamy and full of rich chocolate flavor, Brazilian hot cocoa is one recipe you have got to try this winter and holiday season. The creamy concoction is made with cocoa powder, milk, sweetened condensed milk and cornstarch. For more flavor, you can stir in a little vanilla and cinnamon.
Serve this creamy hot chocolate recipe with a dollop of whipped cream for even more decadence. You could even add some chocolate shavings for a festive look. Sip on this Brazilian hot chocolate to warm up in the evenings or serve for dessert with a slice of cake.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the milk and cornstarch in a saucepot until smooth and cornstarch has dissolved. Add the cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk, stirring until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking, until hot and creamy. Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon, if using. (Do not let the mixture boil.) Pour into four mugs.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.