Best Juicy Prime Rib Recipe: This 3-Ingredient Prime Rib Is Foodie Approved by Donna John
Prime rib has always been a little scary for me. To spend a big chunk of change on a piece of beef and to mess it up is what foodie nightmares are made of. But sometimes you've just got to give it a try, and I'm always looking for new ways to cook prime rib.
This delicious prime rib recipe is from one of my Facebook foodie groups. The prime rib is covered in mustard, doused in prime rib/steak seasoning and then baked to juicy, beefy perfection. Amazing. Just look at it!
The creator of this recipe used a German-style mustard dip, but you could use yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, German mustard, English mustard, hot mustard, spicy brown mustard, whole-grain mustard or whatever mustard you prefer. Same with the steak seasoning. Use your favorite store-bought seasoning or homemade steak seasoning blend. In addition to the fresh rosemary, you could throw in some other fresh herbs, too, like thyme or parsley. This three-ingredient prime rib recipe will be the star of your holiday dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes to rest
Cook Time: 3 hours (approximately)
Total Time: 3 1/2 hours
- 1 prime rib (about 5 pounds)
- prime rib or steak seasoning
- fresh sprigs of rosemary (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the prime rib into a roasting pan.
- Cover all sides of the prime rib with the mustard.
- Seasoning liberally with the prime rib or steak seasoning.
- Add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until internal temperature is 130 to 133 degrees F, approximately 3 hours.
- Remove from the oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let it rest for about 30 minutes. (The temperature will continue to rise while resting.)
Photos: Michael Sanchez via Cypress Area Foodies and Fooding
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.