Grandma's Quick & Easy Mini Pecan Tarts Recipe Is a Family Tradition by Donna John
You can count on a platter of these mini pecan tarts to be sitting on my mother-in-law's holiday table each year. These baked pecan tarts may be small in size, but they pack a sweet punch, especially during the fall months, Thanksgiving and Christmas. (I could eat these year-round!) The low-sodium recipe has been used so much, that my sister-in-law had to rewrite it for me. That's a sure sign that this easy pecan tart recipe is a keeper.
The simple pecan filling has just five simple ingredients: pecans, an egg, vanilla, butter and brown sugar. Oh, and a pinch of salt. If you've ever wondered why salt is called for in dessert recipes, it's because it enhances the flavor of the other ingredients. You don't taste the salt, but it plays an important role. A wonderful treat for the holidays!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, thawed
- The easiest way to cut the thawed pie crust for these holiday pecan tarts is with the rim of a drinking glass, but a round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter would work, too. Save the scraps and roll together so you can get as many crusts as possible out of your dough.
- A sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar would take these sweet pecan tarts up even one more notch.
Here's how to make it:
- Stir melted butter, brown sugar and salt together.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in pecans.
- Unroll the pie crust dough. Using a small drinking glass or biscuit cutter, cut out circles of the pie crust. Push into mini muffin tins.
- Pour in the filling.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.1g
Saturated Fat: 0.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 10.4g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3g
Total Sugars: 8.9g
Vitamin D: 2mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.