Creamy Salted Caramel Cheesecake Recipe With Caramel Corn Is Divine by 30Seconds Food
During the holiday season, it's OK – and encouraged – to go above and beyond and over the top with desserts. And with cookies, pies, cakes and cupcakes, candies and other sweets, the choice is endless on what to add to your Christmas dessert table. This creamy caramel cheesecake recipe is not only topped with a homemade caramel sauce, but also caramel popcorn. Yep! That's definitely taking cheesecake up a notch.
This baked caramel cheesecake recipe is so simple to make. If you don't want to take the time to make the homemade caramel sauce, you could use store-bought caramel sauce. Be sure to pick a good-quality sauce (this cheesecake deserves the best!).
Store the leftover cheesecake covered in the refrigerator for up to five days. This decadent dessert recipe is the one your friends, family and guests will talk about into the new year – and probably request the recipe! For a fun gift, bake cheesecakes and gift them with a copy of the recipe. It's a holiday gift that won't soon be forgotten.
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus time to chill
Cook Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours plus time to chill
Servings: Makes 1 cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- store-bought or homemade caramel popcorn
Here's how to make it:
- To make the caramel sauce, put the sugar into a saucepot over medium heat. Stir until sugar melts and is smooth and amber colored. Slowly add in the butter, whisking until all is melted into the sugar. Turn off the heat and whisk in the cream in smooth and thoroughly combined. Stir in the vanilla and sea salt. Set aside 3/4 cup of the sauce for the cheesecake filling and reserve the remaining for the topping. Allow the sauce to cool.
- Wrap the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the crust, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Pour the crumbs into the pan and press into the bottom and up the sides. Bake the crust in a preheated 325-degree F oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the cornstarch and 3/4 cup caramel sauce. Beat in the sour cream, eggs and egg yolk until just combined. Put the pan into a large roasting pan. Pour the batter into the pan. Pour about 1 inch of boiling water into the large roasting pan. Bake the cheese for about 1 hour or until just set (center can still slightly jiggle). Turn off the oven, open the oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 more minutes, then remove from the roasting pan and allow it to cool. Once cool, refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, run a knife around the cheesecake and remove the sides of the pan. Pour the remaining caramel sauce over the cheesecake and decorate with the caramel popcorn.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.