How to Make No-Bake Date Truffles (Good-for-You Treats or Gifts)! by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
Here's an easy recipe for a delicious treat that you can serve for dessert, as a snack or give away as gifts. Have your kids help make them and wrap them up for friends and family!
- 3 cups raw, unsalted walnuts
- 16 pitted dates
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- shredded coconut, cacao powder, chopped nuts
Here’s how you make them:
- In a food processor, blend walnuts to a meal consistency.
- Slowly add the dates to make a dough.
- Add the cacao powder and blend to make a chocolate dough. Roll small balls of the mixture to make truffles.
- Roll truffles in shredded coconut, cacao powder or chopped nuts. Refrigerate to set.