Easy Cocoa Date Truffles Recipe: These No-Bake Energy Balls Are Like Chocolate Truffles, But Good for You by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
Love chocolate truffles but want a healthier version? This easy cocoa date truffles recipe is packed with energizing ingredients like dates, walnuts and cacao powder. So delicious, you won't believe these amazing energy balls are actually good for you.
This easy energy ball recipe can be served for breakfast, as a dessert, as a snack to power you up, or even to give away as gifts. Your friends and family will love them (and they don't even need to know these treats are healthy)!
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour to set
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour to set
Servings: 8 to 10
- 3 cups raw, unsalted walnuts
- 16 pitted dates
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- shredded coconut, cacao powder, chopped nuts (for rolling truffles in)
Here’s how you make them:
- In a food processor, blend walnuts to a meal consistency.
- Slowly add the dates to make a dough.
- Add the cacao powder and blend to make a chocolate dough. Roll small balls of the mixture to make truffles.
- Roll truffles in shredded coconut, cacao powder and/or chopped nuts. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.