Tangerine Slice Cookies Recipe: An Unexpected Tasty & Beautiful Holiday Cookie by 30Seconds Food
We love finding new, interesting recipes, especially around the holiday season. These easy tangerine cookies are not only beautiful to look at, but pack a citrusy punch. This delicious dessert recipe also has coconut and cinnamon for extra goodness.
These tangerine cookies make a beautiful holiday food gift and look incredible on a cookie tray. Be sure to print out copies of this cookie recipe because you will be asked for it!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: Makes about 30 cookies
- 10 1/2 tablespoons (150 grams) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) powdered sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 cups (200 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tangerine, juiced and zested
- 2 1/4 cups (200 grams) flaked coconut
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- 5 - 6 tangerines, sliced thin
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the butter, egg and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, lemon juice and tangerine juice and zest. Mix until incorporated. Stir in the coconut.
- Form the dough into a ball, flatten into a disc and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out using a rolling pin. Use a round biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to cut into rounds bigger than the tangerine slices.
- Brush each dough circle with some egg wash and stick a tangerine on top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Remove and let them cool on the baking sheets a few minutes before removing to cool completely.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rolling Pins $8 & Up
Biscuit Cutters $6 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Flaked Coconut $3 & Up
Cinnamon $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.