Secret Ingredient Crispy Roasted Potatoes Recipe: The Best Potatoes You've Ever Eaten? by Donna John
A post going around for the "best potatoes you'll ever taste" caught my eye. The poster said the secret to these potatoes was mayonnaise, and it was "time to release my potatoes to the world!!!" I know the power of mayonnaise to make chicken moist (check out this butterflied chicken recipe and crispy chicken recipe) and scrambled eggs fluffy, but produce crispy potatoes?
You know I had to make them immediately, but not before reading the comments. I read "nothing special" and "unfortunately, far from the best potatoes I have ever tasted." I also read comments from people who made them but tweaked the recipe, which is what I did.
The original recipe called for 3 tablespoons mayo, two cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon dried oregano and five potatoes, quartered. Calling for "five potatoes" seemed very vague to me, and I could already tell they needed a little something more. Plus, the potatoes were boiled first then broiled until tender for 10 minutes. Not being big on broiling, I changed the cooking method, too. Here is my version of this roasted potato recipe, which was pretty darn tasty. I will make them again.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (use real mayonnaise, not light or vegan)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed (I pressed mine)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 heaping tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- seasoned salt, to taste (I used Morton Nature's Seasons)
- 2 large russet potatoes, washed and cut into large wedges (I did not peel the potatoes)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, oregano, parsley flakes, Parmesan cheese and seasoned salt, to taste, in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add the potatoes and toss well to coat.
- Put the potatoes on a lined baking sheet or into a baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until tender and crispy, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.