Moist Gingerbread Cupcakes Recipe With Ginger Frosting: Bring on the Holiday Cheer by 30Seconds Food
The smell of gingerbread immediately makes you think of fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Warm aromatic spices – ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon – with molasses and vanilla create a harmony of holiday cheer for dessert. This moist gingerbread cupcake recipe topped with a creamy ginger frosting cannot be resisted.
When making the frosting, be sure to add the powdered sugar first before adding any milk. That way, you can control the consistency. You could add a few shakes of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg to the frosting, too. Why not? Decorate the cupcakes with crushed gingersnaps, ground cinnamon and/or gingerbread cookies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus time to cool
Cook Time: 20 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter or vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (to taste)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (or as needed)
Here's how to make it:
- To make the cupcakes, beat the shortening (or butter) and brown sugar until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the vanilla, molasses, egg and milk. Beat until smooth. On low speed, beat in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Fill 12 muffin cups lined with baking liners 3/4 full with the batter. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove and cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the shortening, butter, ginger and molasses together until creamy. Slowly start adding the powdered sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated, add milk until it reaches desired consistency. Frost the cooled cupcakes with the frosting. Decorate as desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Molasses $4 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Ground Ginger $4 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.