Golden Fudge Recipe: This Caramel Fudge Recipe Is the Perfect Gift by 30Seconds Food
Golden fudge is a caramel fudge made with sweetened condensed milk, butter and golden syrup. There's no chocolate in this fudge candy recipe. This rich fudge recipe originated in Scotland and England.
Golden syrup is a thick sugar syrup from England. You can buy golden syrup at some specialty stores and online (see link below). If you can't find golden syrup, you can substitute molasses or maple syrup. This easy fudge recipe makes a decadent dessert.
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus time to cool
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Servings: Makes about 30 pieces
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 9 tablespoons butter
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup, light molasses or maple syrup
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the sugar and milk in a saucepot over low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, butter, salt and golden syrup. Stir until butter melts.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until it reaches the soft ball stage (240 degrees F). Stir constantly.
- Turn the heat off. Coo the mixture slightly. Use a handheld mixer and beat until thick.
- Pour the fudge into a buttered 8x8-inch baking pan. Cool completely, then cut into squares.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Golden Syrup $7 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Maple Syrup $3 & Up
Molasses $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.