Savory Skillet Turkey Pasta Recipe With Creamy Cranberry Sauce by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
I made homemade cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving dinner, but had leftovers. We were craving pasta, so this easy skillet turkey pasta recipe with a rich and creamy cranberry sauce was born.
Whether you use leftover turkey or ground turkey (as I did, since we’d already used up our leftover turkey), this simple yet savory turkey with cranberry cream sauce pasta dinner recipe just tastes like the holidays. We’re already craving the sweet and tangy sauce again, so we’ll be adding this to our Christmas week menu, too!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- pasta (your favorite), cooked (I used rotini)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or whole milk (cream will make a thicker sauce)
- 3/4 cup red wine (I used Pinot Noir)
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 6 ounces baby spinach, shredded
- shredded Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and warm it over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and stir to combine. Add the turkey to the skillet and break into crumbles. Stir fry for a few minutes until turkey starts to brown. Add the broccoli and pepper, and stir to combine. Add the turmeric and Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Continue to stir fry until turkey is browned.
- Add the cream, wine and cranberry sauce. Stir to combine, then allow to simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir to combine. Cover and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, or until spinach is cooked and sauce is thickened.
- Add your cooked pasta to a bowl, then top it with the sauce. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pasta $1 & Up
Turmeric $3 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Cranberry Sauce $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.