4-Ingredient Cranberry-Glazed Baked Chicken Recipe Looks Like Christmas by Donna John
A bowl of leftover cranberry sauce was sitting patiently in the fridge waiting for me to do something with it. I decided to create a cranberry-glazed baked chicken – and it was the right decision. Delicious! The glaze is made with sweet and tart cranberry sauce, tangy Dijon mustard and garlic. The combination works so well on the chicken.
Serve this easy four-ingredient chicken recipe with your favorite side dishes. I served mine with southern yellow squash and a salad. Jellied or whole cranberry sauce can be used for this recipe. The addition of chopped green onions or chives for garnish makes it look very festive, like the holidays.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 - 6 bone-in chicken thighs (or your favorite chicken pieces)
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce (I used homemade cranberry sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken into an oiled baking dish. Season both sides with salt and pepper or seasoned salt (I used Morton Nature's Seasons). Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven until chicken is just done, about 40 minutes (depends on size of chicken pieces). Internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- While the chicken bakes, combine the cranberry sauce, mustard and garlic in a saucepot.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring, until melted together.
- When the chicken is just done, spoon the cranberry glaze on top and spread to coat the chicken. Return to the oven and bake another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven and sprinkle with chopped green onions or fresh chives, if desired.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cranberry Sauce $2 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Seasoned Salt $2 & Up
Morton Nature's Seasons $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.