Moroccan Stewed White Beans Recipe (Loubia): A Vegan Dinner or Hearty Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
These stewed white beans are vegetarian and vegan. This is a shortcut loubia recipe because it calls for a can of white beans instead of soaking dry beans. The recipe makes two main-dish servings and about four side-dish servings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 (main dish) or 4 (side dish)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, cumin, turmeric and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and broth. Cook about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and crushed red pepper, to taste. Heat through.
Pro Tip: If you want to serve with meat like pork, lamb or chicken, nestle pieces of the meat in individual bowls of the beans.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
White Beans $2 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Cumin $3 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.