Melted Snowman Cookies Recipe: A Quick Holiday Cookie Kids Will Love by Food Lion
Snowmen and the holidays go together like Santa and cookies! These adorable snowmen may have melted, but they will still melt your heart. You can start with refrigerated sugar cookie dough (or use your favorite sugar cookie recipe), or skip baking all together and buy premade cookies.
Get the kids involved in making these Christmas cookies. They'll have a ball and it will create memories that last a lifetime.
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus time to cool cookies
Cook Time: 15 minutes (if baking cookies)
Total Time: 35 minutes
- sugar cookies (refrigerated dough or Food Lion Deli fresh sugar cookies)
- 1 package cookie icing in white, red, blue and green (or decorating icing)
- 1 tube black decorating gel
- mini rainbow chips or mini M&Ms
- 12 - 15 marshmallows
Here's how to make it:
- If using refrigerated cookie dough, bake cookies according to package directions. Cool.
- On cooled cookies, use the white icing to create the snow puddle. Use the back of a spoon to spread the icing out.
- Before the icing hardens, press a marshmallow to the top of one side of the cookie.
- Once the icing has set a little, use the black decorating gel to make the branch arms.
- Use mini rainbow chips to create two coal eyes and a carrot nose. Use a small dot of white icing to make them stick. Pipe a small dot for the mouth with the black decorating gel. Use decorating or cookie icing to create the scarves. Allow cookies to set completely before serving.
Photo: Food Lion
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cookie Decorating Icing $3 & Up
Marshmallows $2 & Up
Rainbow Chips $4 & Up
Mini M&Ms $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.