Giada De Laurentiis's Mouth-watering Italian Stuffed Mushroom Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
If given a choice, I'll always choose appetizers over an entrée. I always gravitate toward "finger foods" at the holidays, parties, even when eating out. I enjoy making appetizers at home when we have guests. I have my family favorites but I'm always on the lookout for new recipes, too.
Giada De Laurentiis is one of my favorite celebrity chefs. I find her recipes to be reliably delicious. My favorite right now is her stuffed mushroom recipe. It's quick and easy to make and the perfect snack recipe for a holiday party.
I only made one change to the recipe, omitting the fresh mint leaves. If you'd like to include them, the original recipe calls for 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: Makes 28 mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese (I added a bit more)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 28 large (about 2 1/2 inches in diameter) white mushrooms, stem removed
Here's how to make it:
- Stir the breadcrumbs, Pecorino Romano, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper (to taste) and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through and golden on top, about 25 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.