Amish Double Chocolate Muffins Recipe: Quick, Easy & Full of Chocolate-y Goodness by Ann Marie Patitucci
Do you have a chocolate lover in the family? Are you the chocolate lover? If so, then you’ll love this recipe for Amish double chocolate muffins. I have found Amish recipes to be pretty great in general, and this one is no exception.
My younger son and I are both chocolate lovers. If dessert options are presented, we will almost always choose chocolate. He’s interested in cooking and baking; the first thing he learned how to bake was brownies. I think I’ll have him make these muffins with me once and the next time he can do it on his own. It’s quick and easy, and full of chocolate-y goodness! Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: Makes 24 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 box (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and pudding mix. Create a well and add the Amish Friendship Bread Starter, oil, milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into cupcake pans lined with baking cups (or use a silicone pan). Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each cupcake, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Baking Liners $5 & Up
Silicone Muffin Tins $5 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.