Fluffy Pumpkin Dinner Rolls Recipe: Fall Baking At Its Finest by Donna John
If you can't find fresh pumpkin, you could substitute an equal amount of canned pumpkin puree. What a creative addition to your Thanksgiving table!
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 1/2 minutes
Servings: Makes 16 rolls
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup mashed pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for the counter)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons oil (for the bowl)
- egg wash (1 egg plus 2 tablespoons milk)
Here's how to make it:
- Boil fresh pumpkin cut into cubes until soft. Mash.
- Combine the milk, sugar and mashed pumpkin in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, yeast, salt and cinnamon. Mix until a dough forms. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Mix in the butter. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface.
- Knead the dough until smooth, about 10 minutes. Form the dough into a ball. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and let it sit for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Punch the dough down and form into a ball. Divide the dough into 16 pieces. Form each piece into a ball. Place the balls into a 9x9-inch baking pan that's been lined with parchment paper. Cover and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Brush the rolls with egg wash. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 to 22 minutes. Brush with melted butter.
Photos: Savor Easy via YouTube
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.