Fluffy Pumpkin Dinner Rolls Recipe: Fall Baking At Its Finest by Donna John
Recipes that use ingredients in new ways excite the cook in me. This pumpkin dinner roll recipe from Savor Easy is a fun way to use pumpkin this Thanksgiving and fall season.
If you can't find fresh pumpkin, you could substitute an equal amount of canned pumpkin puree. What a creative addition to your Thanksgiving table!
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 1/2 minutes
Servings: Makes 16 rolls
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup mashed pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for the counter)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons oil (for the bowl)
- egg wash (1 egg plus 2 tablespoons milk)
Here's how to make it:
- Boil fresh pumpkin cut into cubes until soft. Mash.
- Combine the milk, sugar and mashed pumpkin in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, yeast, salt and cinnamon. Mix until a dough forms. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Mix in the butter. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface.
- Knead the dough until smooth, about 10 minutes. Form the dough into a ball. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and let it sit for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Punch the dough down and form into a ball. Divide the dough into 16 pieces. Form each piece into a ball. Place the balls into a 9x9-inch baking pan that's been lined with parchment paper. Cover and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Brush the rolls with egg wash. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 to 22 minutes. Brush with melted butter.
Recipe created by Savor Easy.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
9x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Instant Yeast $4 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.