Turkey Tortellini Recipe: A Tasty Way to Use Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey by Melissa Vickers
My mother-in-law made quite a production of Thanksgiving meals – a beautifully roasted turkey and all the fixin's. And we could count on her using any leftovers to make turkey tetrazzini afterwards. She gave me her recipe and I was tempted to try it with leftovers from a recent early Thanksgiving turkey breast. The recipe was a little more involved than I wanted to deal with so I tweaked it and put my own spin on it.
Her version had a homemade tomato sauce and spaghetti noodles with some fresh vegetables and the leftover meat. I opted for jarred spaghetti sauce, tortellini noodles and a few more fresh veggies than her version called for. You can use whatever veggies you have on hand! The result was a success – and still reminiscent of my mother-in-law’s version. I wish she was still around to make the real thing, and maybe one of these days I’ll give it a try. But in the meantime, this will do quite nicely!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 12 ounce package Barilla Collezione Cheese and Spinach Tortellini, boiled 10 minutes, drained (or your favorite tortellini)
- 2 cups leftover chopped turkey
- 1 - 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut into half-round slices
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 jar (23 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Sauté vegetables (all but spinach) until soft.
- Add turkey and spaghetti sauce and simmer until heated through.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. Stir in cooked and drained tortellini.
- Top with cheeses (as much as you like!).
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.