The Best Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe: An Irresistible Thanksgiving Side Dish by Donna John
My daughter is hosting her first Thanksgiving. She lives in another state, and I have enjoyed every minute of the calls asking for help with recipes, ingredients and other cooking tips. One side dish she'll serve to her 27 (!) guests is this cheesy broccoli rice casserole recipe.
This creamy broccoli rice casserole is always a hit at the holidays. The original recipe calls for Minute Rice, but she chose to cook regular white rice instead. This is just what you need on your plate beside that turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole and green bean casserole.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 box (16 ounces) processed American cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 1/2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked, or 2 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed (you could substitute steamed fresh broccoli)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese cubes and stir until melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients except cheddar cheese. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and bake about 10 minutes more.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cream of Mushroom Soup $2 & Up
Cream of Chicken Soup $2 & Up
Minute Rice $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Seasoned Salt $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.