Grandma's Old-fashioned Cornbread Stuffing Recipe Is a Family Pleaser by 30Seconds Food
The words "grandma," "old fashioned" and "basic" usually mean that the recipe is going to be good. And in the case of this easy cornbread stuffing recipe, that is definitely true. With just a few simple ingredients, you can serve a family-pleasing cornbread dressing this Thanksgiving.
This easy cornbread stuffing recipe has just seven ingredients. Here is what to add to your shopping list: cornbread mix (or make your favorite cornbread recipe), butter, onion, celery, eggs, chicken broth and dried sage. The stuffing starts in a skillet on the stovetop and ends in the oven, where it is baked to golden perfection.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups crumbled cornbread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried sage (or to taste)
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Airtight Containers
- Put as much or as little sage in the stuffing as you like.
- You could also give it a few shakes of poultry seasoning for even more flavor.
- If you make homemade cornbread (not a cornbread mix) for this stuffing, make sure it's not too moist. You want the stuffing to have some texture.
- Store any leftover stuffing in an airtight container in the fridge.
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the onion and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble the cornbread in a large bowl. Add the onions, celery, eggs, chicken broth and sage. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour the mixture into a greased 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until golden, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 11.7g
Saturated Fat: 4.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 43.8g
Dietary Fiber: 4.4g
Total Sugars: 13.2g
Vitamin D: 6mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.