Rosemary Chicken Supreme Recipe: Explore the Flavors of Modern Ireland by 30Seconds Food
With A Return to Ireland: A Culinary Journey from America to Ireland, renowned chef Judith McLoughlin has captured the soul of Irish cooking – from hearty Irish staples to classic comfort foods and so much more. Featuring over 100 recipes, including this recipe for rosemary chicken, the cookbook will bring you on a culinary journey from the Irish-American immigrant recipes to the flavors of modern Ireland.
Serve this flavorful rosemary chicken recipe with rice or mashed potatoes to soak up the delicious sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 chicken breast fillets (2 pounds)
- 12 ounces artichokes hearts, cut in quarters
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium (3 tablespoons) shallot finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Dubliner Irish cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken fillets with freshly ground pepper and sea salt. In a large skillet, melt the butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and sear on both sides until they are browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet for a few minutes to make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in the same skillet the chicken fillets were browned. Add the shallot and cook until for a few minutes, until it is soft and translucent. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook for 1 minute until fragrant, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the wine and cook on medium for about 5 minutes or until the wine has almost evaporated. Add the chicken stock and cream and cook for a few minutes. Stir in the Dubliner Irish cheese until the cheese has melted.
- Add the chicken fillets back into the skillet and spoon the sauce on top. Arrange the artichokes hearts all around the chicken. Bake the chicken in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and firm to the touch (internal temperature of 165 degrees F). To serve, place a chicken breast in the center of each plate and spoon more sauce on top.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.