This Mini Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe Is So Good, You Won't Even Miss the Crust by 30Seconds Food
Looking for a gluten-free dessert recipe for your holiday menu this year? This mini crustless pumpkin pie recipe is so good, you won't even miss the crust.
"First off, let me be clear that we’ve got nothing against pie crusts," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog Clean Food Crush®. "In fact, we love a really good homemade pie crust.
"This crustless pumpkin pie is an excellent idea for those needing a gluten-free dessert, those saving their carbs for an extra serving of mashed potatoes or simply skipping the crust because pie crusts can be tricky to make! Just a fun option for those who appreciate options."
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup full-fat canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 - 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or raw honey, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- coconut oil cooking spray
- whipped coconut, for serving
Whipped Coconut Cream
- 1 can (13 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk, chilled in the fridge overnight
- tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 4 - 6 drops liquid stevia (or 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or raw honey)
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. and lightly spray four small ramekins (around 6-ounce capacity) with coconut oil. In a mixing bowl, add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, maple syrup, vanilla and spices. Whisk together until smooth.
- Divide the mixture equally among prepared ramekins. Place the ramekins into a rectangular baking dish. Pour about 1-inch of hot water into the baking dish around the ramekins. Carefully transfer this baking dish to your preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes, or just until the center of each pie is set.
- Once the pumpkin pies are ready, allow them to completely cool before refrigerating.
- To make whipped coconut cream, using a spoon skim off the thickened top layer into a mixing bowl. Add the sea salt, vanilla paste and stevia. Use an electric mixer and beat the coconut cream for 1 to 2 minutes or until it resembles whipped cream. (Be careful not to "over whisk" because it may get runny again.)
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.