Crispy Spinach Broccoli Cheese Balls Recipe: Our New Fan Favorite? by Elisa Schmitz
Inspired by our fan favorite recipe for these tasty broccoli and cheddar cheese bites, I created these crispy spinach and broccoli cheese balls. They pack even more flavor and nutrition into one adorable bite.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes about 24 balls
- 2 cups chopped steamed broccoli, packed (I used steam-in-bag broccoli)
- 5 ounces chopped steamed baby spinach (I used steam-in-bag spinach)
- 1 1/2 cups panko (I used gluten-free panko)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used diced white cheddar cheese)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the steamed broccoli and spinach, panko, eggs, cheeses, green onions, garlic, lemon, olive oil and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Mix until blended and well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Form the mixture into balls and place them onto baking sheets that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven about 20 minutes, or until they begin to get crispy and golden brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.