Fantastic French Onion Chicken Casserole Recipe Is Creamy & Delish by Donna John
Super creamy and full of tender chicken, french-cut green beans, crunchy almonds and french fried onions, this chicken casserole recipe is a satisfying dinner. It has minimal prep (chopping the onion!) and is on the table in no time.
To make this casserole recipe you will need the following simple ingredients: chopped cooked chicken, frozen french-cut green beans, an onion, cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, a can of cream of chicken soup, slivered almonds and a can of french fried onions. My husband really enjoyed it, but had a suggestion for next time – add egg noodles. And I had to agree. So the next time I make this easy french onion chicken casserole recipe, I'm going to add about 2 cups of cooked egg noodles.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups cooked chopped or shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups frozen french-cut green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped (I used a red onion)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 can (3 ounces) french fried onions (original recipe called for a 6-ounce can)
- To make it a pasta casserole, stir in 2 cups of cooked pasta or egg noodles.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients except french fried onions in a bowl. Season well with black pepper. Mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan or casserole dish. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the french fried onions and bake another 5 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.