Easy Thai Chicken Curry Recipe Is Better Than Going Out for Asian Food by Ann Marie Patitucci
Chicken curry is a popular Asian dish, and I understand why! It's very simple to make but packs an enormous amount of flavor.
This spicy Thai chicken curry recipe is loaded with the flavors of curry, peanut, chile and coconut. It's served with sautéed vegetables and steamed white rice. If you're a seafood lover, you can turn this chicken recipe into a shrimp recipe instead.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- canola oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I prefer Frank’s RedHot)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- crushed peanuts
- steamed white rice
- cilantro or parsley or lime wedges, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat canola oil to 365 degrees F in a deep fryer or deep-dish pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine milk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce and sea salt. Mix well. Place the panko breadcrumbs in a different bowl. Dip each chicken breast into the batter and then the breadcrumbs. Gently place each chicken piece in the oil and cook until lightly golden, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add olive oil. Add the green onions, ginger and garlic. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the red curry powder, coconut milk and stock. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Lower the heat and reduce the sauce by about a third.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with crushed peanuts or cilantro or lime wedges, if desired, and serve over white rice.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.