20-Minute Pesto Pasta Recipe With Shrimp Doesn't Skimp on Flavor by Donna John
Because I make batches of pesto in the summer when my basil plants are thriving, I always have homemade pesto on hand. But a jar or container of refrigerated store-bought pesto works, too. Serve this easy dinner with a salad and bread.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 - 1 pound medium to large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- olive oil
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions for al dente
- 1 jar (7 ounces) pesto or 1 cup homemade basil pesto
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Add the shrimp and cook on one side until beginning to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, depending on size of shrimp. Flip the shrimp over and cook until opaque and cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Add the pesto and cooked pasta to the skillet. Toss to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.