Crispy Parmesan Truffle Fries Recipe: Upgrade Your French Fries With This Easy Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
I must confess: I have never met a french fry I didn’t like. Steak fries, curly fries, shoestring, homemade or fast food, fried or baked, with ketchup, vinegar or cheese – I love them all. However, there are some fries that simply rise about the rest. Parmesan truffle fries are a great example.
With just a handful of ingredients, you can upgrade your homemade french fries and create a much fancier looking – and delicious tasting – snack or side dish. If you don’t want to make fries from scratch, no problem. Substitute your favorite frozen french fries, season as below and bake according to directions on the package.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- white truffle oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (or grated Pecorino Romano)
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, garlic and parsley. Set aside.
- Either peel the potatoes or leave the peel on (my preference). Cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. Fill a large bowl with cold water and a handful of ice. Place the cut potatoes in the water and soak them for about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry (potatoes must be dried before cooking).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or gallon-sized plastic bag, toss the cut potatoes sticks with about 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil until lightly coated. Spread the potato sticks on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until fries start to get crispy, making sure to turn them over halfway through baking time.
- While fries are hot, sprinkle with the salt mixture and toss. Drizzle lightly with truffle oil. Garnish with grated Parmesan and chopped fresh parsley.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.