Irresistible White Chicken Chili Recipe for Your Slow Cooker by Ann Marie Patitucci
If you’re anything like me, you’re grateful for your slow cooker. It’s a huge time saver, and I’m thrilled to save time wherever I can. A slow cooker makes busy nights much easier, so you can focus more on who you’re eating with rather than what you’re eating.
This white chicken chili recipe is right up my alley! I’m trying to cut back on red meat, so this fits the bill. It’s also delicious, full of protein and easy to make. It’s that perfect kind of comfort food recipe for the cooler months.
One of the things I love about this slow cooker recipe is that you can customize it. Add your favorite toppings and serve with tortilla chips, bread or oyster crackers, whichever you prefer.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours and 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) great northern beans (or your favorite white beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 box (32 ounces) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- topping ideas: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro
Here’s how to make it:
- In a bowl, add the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix ingredients until well combined.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker. Sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
- Put the onion, beans, corn and diced tomatoes with green chiles over the chicken breasts. Pour in the chicken broth. Put the slow cooker lid on. Set to cook for 6 to 8 hours on low until chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred them, using two forks. Place chicken back into slow cooker. Add cream cheese and heavy cream. Stir. Cook on high for another 15 minutes. Taste chili and add additional salt and/or pepper, if needed.
- Ladle chili into individual bowls and top with your preferred toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.