Creamy Baked Chicken Curry Recipe With Apples: A New Fall Favorite by 30Seconds Food
Tender chunks of chicken breast are baked in a creamy curry sauce with apples and onions. Sounds delicious, doesn't it? The addition of apples kicks this curry recipe into the fall favorites category.
Serve this easy chicken curry recipe over rice. You could add in some garam masala or cayenne powder for even more spice. This fall recipe is perfect for meal prep, too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or coconut milk
- fresh chopped cilantro and/or green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof skillet. Add the apple and onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the broth and milk. Whisk well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Lay them over the sauce mixture. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F). Stir and serve.
Note: You could put the chicken into a 13x9-inch baking pan and pour the sauce over the top.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Curry Powder $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Coconut Milk $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.