Stop Scrolling! This Is the Most Amazing Vegan Brownie Recipe Ever by Melissa Vickers
For many folks (still), say the word “vegan” and you get an eye-roll reaction or some other look of “I don’t think so…” For a growing number of folks, veganism is becoming a way of life, no doubt made easier by the grocery stores stocking more vegan options and recipe collections (including the vegan recipes on 30Seconds) are featuring more and more plant-based options.
When my daughter and family decided to become vegans, she introduced us to vegan recipes that were quite good. A good friend is vegan and since we’ll be seeing him soon, I decided to try a real vegan brownie recipe, rather than trying to adapt a mix. (Those efforts have been questionable.)
This vegan brownie recipe lays to rest any fears of “weird vegan food, ”and really makes a better tasting, more decadent brownie than my favorite mix! If you like cake-like brownies, this recipe isn’t for you. It makes a soft, fudgy brownie that speaks to any chocolate lover. You can vary the sugar content if you want a less sweet brownie, and the chips on top can be spread like frosting, or left as melty chips on top. They are even better the next day!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 4 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted in microwave
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch processed cocoa)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
Here’s how to make it:
- Make the flax “eggs” by stirring the ground flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted vegan butter and sugars together. Add the flax mixture and vanilla. Whisk until evenly combined. Into the same bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into a 8x8-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper and smooth out the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the rest of the chips on top of the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes. The brownies may still be bubbly and not look done, but they firm up as they cool.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. If you like, spread the melted chips like frosting. Pull the brownies out using the parchment paper and let cool another 15 to 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
8x8-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Ground Flaxseed $6 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder $4 & Up
Vegan Chocolate Chips $5 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.