The Cheesecake Factory's Cajun Jambalaya Pasta Recipe (Not a Copycat!) by The Cheesecake Factory
Jambalaya is an American Creole-Cajun dish of French, African and Spanish influence. The dish consists mainly of meat and rice, and is sometimes made with pasta instead of rice, like this amazing recipe from The Cheesecake Factory.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cajun spice blend
- 4 ounces red, yellow and green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces red onions, cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces shrimp, shells, tails and veins removed
- 1 tablespoon blanched garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Roma tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups spicy chicken-seafood broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 pound (16 ounces) linguine (fresh preferred)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Place the chicken into a clean mixing bowl. Sprinkle the Cajun spice over the chicken and into the bowl. Gently toss the chicken until each piece is evenly coated with the spice.
- Add the chicken into the sauté pan and cook until it is about half done. Add the peppers, onions and shrimp into the pan. Cook until the shrimp are about half done. Add the garlic into the pan. Season all of the ingredients with kosher salt, ground black pepper and a little more Cajun spice.
- Add the diced tomatoes and broth into the sauté pan. Gently stir the ingredients together. Continue to cook until the chicken and shrimp are done, and the vegetables are tender.
- Drop the pasta into boiling salted water, and cook until al dente.
- Place the pasta into serving bowls. Spoon the jambalaya over the pasta. Garnish with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.
Photo: The Cheesecake Factory
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.