4-Ingredient Garlic Mayo Baked Chicken Recipe Is a Double Threat: Moist & Crispy by Donna John
This butterflied chicken recipe was the inspiration for these crispy chicken legs. If mayonnaise can make a whole butterflied chicken moist, imagine what it can do for bone-in chicken parts. This crispy panko-crusted baked chicken recipe was a success! Juicy, moist and super crispy on the outside. It was a dinner homerun.
Garlic powder was my seasoning of choice, but you could use whatever seasoning you enjoy. Smoked paprika, seasoned salt, dried herbs or even Indian seasonings would work. Serve this crunchy chicken with your favorite side dishes.
Fun Fact: While most of us think of mayonnaise as an American food, it originated in Europe. Many believe mayonnaise was invented in 1756 in France by a French chef. The Spanish, however, claim they invented the sauce and the French stole it. I'm staying out of that one!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 50 minutes
- bone-in chicken thighs or legs
- mayonnaise (about 1 tablespoon per piece of chicken)
- garlic powder, to taste
- panko breadcrumbs (I used about 1/3 cup for five chicken legs)
- Internal temperature should register 165 degrees F for chicken to be safe to it.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the mayonnaise into a small bowl and the panko into another small bowl. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste.
- If using chicken legs, liberally rub mayonnaise all over the leg, then coat completely with the panko. Put into an ovenproof skillet or baking pan. If using thighs, you can put them into the baking pan and rub about 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise over the top of each, then liberally sprinkle with the panko.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.