Easy Instant Pot™ Minestrone Soup Recipe: Everyone Can Enjoy This Healthy Soup by Melissa Vickers
I’m done with hot weather and glad to see (and feel) cooler days come in. And fall days mean soup time! This minestrone soup recipe has Old World flavors that come together in a new-fangled kitchen gadget, the Instant Pot™.
The only thing about this recipe that isn’t vegan is the Parmesan cheese, but there's a vegan substitute for that! Bring on the cool weather, crank up the fireplace and settle in for a bowl of soup.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes (plus 15 minutes for pressure to build)
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken, if you aren’t doing the vegan version)
- Parmesan rind (optional)
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 cup uncooked short pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into half coins
- 2 cups fresh kale (or chopped baby spinach)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Press SAUTE and add olive oil to Instant Pot™. When hot, add onions, celery and carrots. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds longer. Hit CANCEL.
- Add oregano, basil, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, broth, Parmesan rind, beans and pasta to the pot. Stir to combine. Set the pot to seal and cook on MANUAL high pressure for 5 minutes. (It will take about 15 minutes for the pressure to build and then the countdown timer will start.)
- Once the time is up, quick release the pressure and remove the lid. Press SAUTE and add zucchini and kale (or spinach). Sauté 2 to 3 minutes until pasta is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Add red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve sprinkled Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Instant Pot™ $50 & Up
Short Pasta $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Garbanzo Beans $2 & Up
Kidney Beans $2 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.