5-Minute Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce Recipe for Burgers & So Much More by 30Seconds Food
Adding a sauce to your burger can make a good burger great. Blue cheese lovers, get ready for your mouth's to start watering. This easy blue cheese burger sauce recipe cooks in 5 minutes and will take that burger to the next level.
But don't stop at burgers! Spoon this easy blue cheese sauce recipe over chicken, turkey or even pasta. The recipe calls for 1/4 to 1/2 cup of crumbled blue cheese. We suggest starting with 1/4 cup, tasting, then deciding if it needs more blue cheese flavor for you. Everyone is different!
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes about 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine, chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- dash of hot sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and onion. Cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan. Stir.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the blue cheese, wine, pepper and hot sauce. Heat through.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.