Baked Caramel Apple Donuts Recipe Will Knock Your Fuzzy Socks Off by 30Seconds Food
Caramel apple donuts? Get outta here! Nothing says fall like a caramel apple. But in donut form? Wow! These baked caramel apple doughnuts are spiked with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla and pieces of tender apple. But it doesn't stop there. Drizzle on a simple four-ingredient caramel sauce and it takes it over the top.
You can make mini donuts or regular-size donuts with this easy recipe. Because every oven is different, watch them closely while they bake. You want a golden brown donut to drizzle that caramel on. Eat them hot out of the oven for breakfast, brunch or a sweet snack.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large apple, peeled, grated and dried on paper towels
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- To make the donuts, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, stir together the milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and apple. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Spoon the batter into greased mini donut pans or regular donut pans. Smooth the tops with a spatula. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 7 minutes for mini donuts and 10 to 12 minutes for regular-size donuts. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- To make the caramel sauce, put all the ingredients into a saucepan over low heat, whisking constantly. Cook until it melts and begins to thicken, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove and cool slightly before using (it will thicken more as it cools).
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mini Donut Pans $10 & Up
Donut Pans $10 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.