Ultimate Caramel Frosting Recipe Is What Dreams Are Made Of by 30Seconds Food
Sweet and creamy, this easy caramel frosting recipe is absolutely irresistible. The caramel starts in a saucepan and ends being whipped to creamy perfection in a stand mixer. Your cake or cupcakes won't know what hit 'em!
You could add a pinch of sea salt into the caramel icing if you like salted caramel. Store any leftover frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Frosts 1 cake or 2 dozen cupcakes (approximately)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 box (16 ounces) powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Put the butter and brown sugars into a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and return to a boil. Remove from the heat. Pour the mixture into a stand mixer bowl.
- With the motor running, gradually add in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until thick and spreadable. (If it is too thick, add more cream.)
- Frost cake or cupcakes and sprinkle with flaky salt or granulated sugar, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.