Fresh Blueberry Pie Recipe: Make Memories By Baking Together by Melissa Vickers
I’m a firm believer in teaching young kids to cook and generally be comfortable in the kitchen. That sweet 3-year-old in those pics is now 9 and wants to be a chef with his own restaurant when he grows up. On a recent visit I worked with him to make two pies – the No Name Chocolate Chip Pie and this easy blueberry pie recipe.
Making this blueberry pie recipe together provided experience in measuring different things – like flour (don’t pack!) and sugar and blueberries, etc. – and in techniques like crimping pie crust and egg washes. These pies turned out great, especially for his first pies! Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in small chunks
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Here’s how to make it:
- Sprinkle blueberries with lemon juice and set aside.
- Fit one pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon. Add to berries, stirring well to coat them. Pour into pie crust and dot with butter.
- Place second pie crust on top. Seal and crimp edges. Cut slits in top and allow steam to escape. Brush top of pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. (If you want “eyes” like Grayson did for his pies, put two little mounds of sugar spaced like eyes.)
- Place pie pan on a baking sheet to catch drips. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 35 minutes or until golden. Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning, if necessary.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.