Moist Brownie Batter Cookie Recipe May Be Better Than Brownies by Ann Marie Patitucci
Lately my 12-year-old has been talking about wanting to be a chef. So far we haven’t seen any evidence of an interest in cooking, but he does enjoy baking with me. He recently started making brownies (with a boxed mix) on his own. This is the perfect dessert for him because it’s easy enough for a new baker and he’s a bit of a choc-a-holic like his mama.
I was looking for other easy chocolate dessert recipes that he could make – without a boxed mix – when I came across several for brownie batter cookies. This brownie cookie recipe is perfect for him. I have a feeling it’ll be a hit with lots of adults, too. You may already have the ingredients in your pantry, you only need a bowl or two to make it and the dough drops from the spoon easily. Oh, and they’re also delicious! If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy either a brownie (cookie) sundae or scoop the ice cream between two cookies for a brownie ice cream sandwich.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 2 sticks butter (16 tablespoons), softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Here’s how to make it:
- In a stand mixer with the beater blade attachment (or handheld mixer or wooden spoon), beat the butter, both sugars and chocolate until smooth. Add the three eggs and mix until fully combined.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl and add slowly to the batter until mixed. Add vanilla extract and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon or cookie drop scoop, drop generous spoonfuls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.