Grandma's Simple 6-Ingredient Meat Sauce Recipe for Pasta by Donna John
Grandma always had a jar of spaghetti sauce in her cabinet, but I honesty think it was the same one my whole childhood. The only pasta sauce I remember her making required cans of tomatoes and tomato paste – this recipe. So simple, yet perfect.
Occasionally I would see her throw in a pinch of sugar. Sometimes she would add in Italian sausage as well, but not often. Ground beef was the meat of choice for this meat sauce recipe. All you need to make this simple six-ingredient meat sauce recipe is ground beef, an onion, garlic, canned tomato sauce, tomato paste and dried Italian seasoning.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- If you have fresh oregano or basil on hand, chop some up and toss it in.
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a large pot until cooked through. Break up the meat as you stir. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and gently simmer about 45 minutes. (You can add a little water if you want a thinner sauce.)
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.