Creamy Brussels Sprouts Linguine Recipe With Lemon-Kissed Panko by Donna John
Occasionally we enjoy getting a meal kit box delivered to the house. It's a fun way to try new things and get ideas for new recipes. This easy, creamy brussels sprouts pasta recipe was inspired by the latest meal kit. Linguine, shaved brussels sprouts and shallots are tossed with a creamy sauce then topped with toasted lemon-scented panko crumbs.
You could use whatever pasta you enjoy for this recipe. Fettuccine, spaghetti noodles, angel hair and even penne would work well. Even if someone in your family is not a fan of brussels sprouts, they'll enjoy this dish (my husband is a prime example!). Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 to 3
- 6 ounces linguine, cooked to al dente (save about 1/3 cup of the pasta water)
- 1/4 cup panko
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives (divided)
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges (divided)
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut into shreds
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk, half and half, cream or evaporated milk (I used evaporated milk)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet. Add the panko and cook until golden, stirring often, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a small bowl and stir in half the chives and a pinch of lemon zest. Set aside. Wipe the pan clean.
- Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the brussels sprouts and shallot. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables into an even layer and cook, undisturbed, until brown and tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add the garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and flour. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Slow pour in the milk and whisk to combine. Add the cream cheese and salt and pepper. Stir until smooth and thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining lemon zest and chives.
- Add the pasta and brussels sprouts.
- Toss to combine. If you want a looser pasta, add a little of the reserved pasta water.
- Sprinkle with the panko.
- Serve with additional chopped chives and a lemon wedge.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Linguine $2 & Up
Panko $2 & Up
Evaporated Milk $1 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Pasta Bowls $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.