Creamy Spinach Penne Pasta Recipe With Mushrooms, Mozzarella & Parmesan by 30Seconds Food
Pasta is always a good choice for a quick, hearty weeknight or weekend dinner. This easy creamy spinach penne pasta recipe has healthy mushrooms and spinach, and is finished with cream and two kinds of cheese. The result is a rich, satisfying pasta meal that's sure to please the entire family.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 16 ounces spinach penne pasta or regular penne pasta, cooked to al dente according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts and all the liquid in the pan has evaporated, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Slowly add the cream and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the cheeses and stir until melted. Add the pasta. Toss. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.