20-Minute Creamy Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup Recipe Is Dinner Tonight by 30Seconds Food
Chicken and lemon are a classic combination. This easy, creamy lemon chicken soup recipe uses pantry ingredients and is on the table in under 30 minutes. The soup recipe is perfect on busy nights for dinner or a quick lunch.
You only need six ingredients for this lemony chicken and rice soup recipe: chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, cooked rice, cooked shredded chicken, black pepper and lemons. You could also add some herbs for freshness and garnish. The soup ingredients gently simmer on the stovetop for about 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 box (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
- 2 packages (about 8 ounces each) cooked microwaveable rice (like Uncle Ben's Ready Rice)
- 2 - 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (you can use rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 6 large lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or your favorite herb (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the broth, cream of chicken soup, rice, chicken, pepper and lemon juice into a soup pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and gently simmer about 20 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and dill, if using. Serve with lemon wedges.
Note: If you'd like a thinner or creamier soup, add in a little milk, cream of half and half.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.