TikTok's 2-Ingredient Spinach Pici Pasta Recipe From Down Under by Donna John
Viral recipes intrigue me, especially when they have very few ingredients – and are pasta! Who doesn't love pasta? This two-ingredient spinach pici pasta recipe went viral on TikTok all the way from Australia. Flour and spinach are whirled in a food processor until they form a dough. Then you get to relive childhood by rolling them into long cylinders like play dough. A few minutes in some boiling water, and you have what Chef Jyl describes as a potato gnocchi. Sign me up!
Serve this spinach pici pasta with your favorite sauce. Keep it simple so you can taste the spinach. I'm thinking butter, olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and a little Parmesan. What sauce will you use on this spinach pasta?
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 114 grams of baby spinach
- 1 cup flour (or more as needed)
- big pinch of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor. Process until it forms a dough, adding more flour if needed.
- Remove the dough and pinch off "gumball" sizes of the dough. Use your hands to roll it until it looks like a long green bean. (You can roll them in a little flour, if desired.)
- Cook the noodles in a pot of boiling, salted water. Cook until the noodles float to the surface, about 4 minutes. Drain and serve with desired sauce.
Photos: Chef Jyll’s CHOP and Mon Mack Food via YouTube
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Food Processors $30 & Up
Pasta Pots $10 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.