Sweet & Savory Apricot Chicken Recipe Is a Slow-cooker Favorite by 30Seconds Food
Cooking with jelly, jam and preserves is a fun and easy way to add flavor and glaze all sorts of meats. This easy apricot chicken recipe is cooked in a slow cooker. The simple sauce cooks with the chicken, glazing it and creating a super flavorful sauce.
Use whatever bone-in chicken pieces you like best, but we think dark meat like legs, wings and thighs stay more moist and juicy. Serve this easy slow-cooker recipe for dinner over rice, noodles or potatoes.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 to 6 hours
Total Time: 3 to 6 hours
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced or grated ginger
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (thighs and legs work well)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
Here's how to make it:
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Put the sliced onions on the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove to the slow cooker. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for about 6 hours (internal temperature of 165 degrees F.)
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
Apricot Preserves $3 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.