Mason Jar Apple Pie Crumble Recipe Is Too Fun Not to Try by 30Seconds Food
We've all heard of mug cakes, but this fun dessert recipe is an apple crumble made in mason jars. How fun! Tender apples are baked with a sweet crumble of oats, flour, cinnamon and brown sugar. These apple crumbles can be eaten immediately or sealed and warmed up whenever that sweet tooth hits.
Serve these apple desserts warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. You could also drizzle with caramel sauce. Delicious!
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar (divided)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 7 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into thin slices or small cubes (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the oats, flour, 1 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut in the butter.
- Put the sliced apples into a bowl with the lemon juice. Toss to coat. Add the 1/2 cup brown sugar and mix to combine.
- Put the jars onto a baking sheet. Divide the apple mixture between eight pint canning jars or mason jars, then divide the oat mixture between the jars. Press it down with a spoon.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving. To eat later, put the lids on and store in the refrigerator.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pint Canning Jars $6 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Oats $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Cinnamon $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.