20-Minute Tortellini Recipe With Parmesan, Spinach & Mushrooms by Melissa Vickers
This pasta recipe originally called for using farfalle pasta, but I had some tortellini handy and substituted that. It made a delicious vegetarian dish for dinner. This pasta dish would be good with some grilled or rotisserie chicken, too, but it doesn’t need the meat – there’s plenty of savory goodness there already!
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package (12 ounce packages) Barilla Collezione Cheese and Spinach Tortellini, boiled 9 minutes and drained (or your favorite pasta)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces fresh spinach or frozen spinach, steamed for 4 minutes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing or 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the chopped garlic and cook 30 seconds. Deglaze the pan with vegetable broth. Reduce heat and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- If you are using fresh spinach, remove mushrooms from pan and add spinach and cook for 2 minutes or until wilted. If you are using pre-cooked frozen spinach, just add it to the mushrooms.
- Add drained pasta to pan and toss to combine. Add Italian dressing (or seasoning) and Parmesan. Stir. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with additional Parmesan.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.