Lime Chicken Chili Recipe With Navy Beans: A Crock Pot™ Favorite by 30Seconds Food
Who doesn't love a good chicken chili, especially in the cooler months? This easy chicken chili recipe is made with navy beans, corn, chopped green chiles, lime and spices. Delicious! Another bonus is that it cooks in the slow cooker. No muss, no fuss. The only fuss you do have is soaking the navy beans, which really is easy to do. You could do this the day before so they're ready to go when you want to cook the soup.
Serve this chicken chili with your favorite toppings. We like avocado, red onion, cilantro, a little grated white cheese and tortilla chips. Pack the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: American / Mexican
Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 2 to 4 hours to soak the beans
Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours
Total Time: 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours plus 2 to 4 hours to soak the beans
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 1/4 cups dry navy beans, washed well
- 3 cups water
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or more to taste)
- toppings: shredded cheese, cilantro, avocado, red onion, fresh jalapeno, tortilla chips, lime wedges
Here's how to make it:
- Put the navy beans into a soup pot. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the heat off, cover and let them soak for 2 to 4 hours. Drain beans.
- To a slow cooker, add the soaked beans, water, chicken, corn, onion, chopped green chiles, garlic, chicken bouillon granules, ground cumin and chili powder. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until beans are tender.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Let the chicken cool enough easy to handle, then remove the chicken and shred. Put the chicken back into the slow cooker. Add the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.