Aunt Aggie’s Shrimp Dip Recipe: A 10-Minute Cold Dip Recipe Perfect for Game Day by Ann Marie Patitucci
My late Great Aunt Agnes, or Aunt Aggie as we called her, was a great cook and baker. When I was visiting my parents during the summer I came across some of her recipes.
I’m not a big fan of seafood (though my husband and boys love it!), though I do eat shrimp. This shrimp dip recipe is a great one. If you’d like to switch things up and serve something other than the typical cocktail sauce, I highly recommend Aunt Aggie’s shrimp dip. It has just the right amount of flavor and kick, perfect for game day snacking!
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) tiny canned shrimp, drained and divided (My family prefers the Bumble Bee brand)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese with chives
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- horseradish, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix all ingredients together by hand except for the shrimp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Beat ingredients with a mixer until well combined. Add 1 1/2 cans shrimp and mix well by hand.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining shrimp on top. Serve cold.
Note: This dip can be prepared several hours to a day ahead of time and then stored in a lidded container in the refrigerator until ready for serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.